Sunday, July 17, 2011

What to do with my unwanted bird?

My aunt's boyfriend had a beauuuutiful red bellied parrot named Jingles. He has a lot of experience with birds, he has aboout 4 or 5 birds and he has his own room for them & everything. One day he was going to cut his wings and apprently he cut them wrong or Jingles got scared or something. ever since then the bird never liked him so he gave him to my aunt. My aunt had a baby and at the time they had Jingles she was about 3 or 4. She would throw stuff at the bird through his cage and mess with him. Ever since then he has been traumatized. Then they gave Jingles to me. I've had him for about 3 or 4 years now. it took him a while to open up but he still does not let ANYONE pick him up without biting them, unless they have a towel over their hands. He lets me touch his head sometimes but for the most part he doesn't. I don't know what to do with him because my mom wants to get rid of him because he's not very nice. None of my friends want him and i dont know where to give him away? Should i bring him to petco, an animal shelter, or what? Im kinda hesitant to give him away to places like that because since he's traumatized i dont know if anyone would want to adopt him. But then again he can say a loott of words, he says Jingles, Jinglebells, meow, honey, fabi, he laughs, he says eww, he has an EVIL laugh, if he yawns, then you yawn, he will yawn again & keep it going & stuff like that. He is a very cute bird & everything but i just dont now what to do :/ HELP !

No comments:

Post a Comment